MONDAY 10TH JANUARY 2022
A IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL OUR WHEEL MEET AGAIN MEMBERS
Good morning, all
Firstly, we would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a happy and healthy 2022 and we hope that you had a lovely festive season.
As you are all aware Liverpool is being hit very hard with Omicron Variant of Covid-19 and it seems that everyone you speak to has either had it or is currently suffering from it. In fact, even here at Wheel Meet Again and South Central Community Transport is affected, as our Lovely Lynn Richardson has tested positive and is currently isolating at home.
You are our main concern, and we are doing everything we can to make sure that we do everything in our power to make sure that we keep you safe and minimise any chance of infection from this variant of Covid-19 and any future variants that may come along in the future, whilst still trying to keep our facilities open.
You can help us maintain this by the following: –
- Do not attend our premises if you have one or more of the following symptoms
- A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Source – www.nhs.uk
- Have a lateral flow test regularly as you may have covid but not display any symptoms
- Please ensure that you sanitise your hands regularly, whilst on our premises and adhere to our company guidelines based on Government Legislation and Guidance. Please also note that these guidelines may change as per any instructions that might be advised by Government.
- We will be keeping our windows open to ensure that there is appropriate ventilation so it might be cold, wear layers to keep warm.
What we are doing to help keep you safe
- All staff and volunteers are vaccinated (most having received their booster jab)
- We do not accept members who have not been vaccinated
- Because of the high spread of Omicron, staff and volunteers are doing Lateral Flow Tests daily
- Ensuring that windows and doors are open to help with ventilation
- All environments and our buses are thoroughly fogged and sanitised regularly
- There is access for hand sanitising throughout the premises, please utilise
Whilst we can take every precaution to help minimise the spread of infection, unfortunately it is not preventable and even staff and volunteers can succumb to this dreaded virus, especially as it is so high in the Liverpool region. Therefore, there may be a chance that we might have to close temporarily if we need to self-isolate.
Should this happen then we will obviously endeavour to let you know, either via social media (Facebook or Instagram), via our website (www.scctliverpool.com), via email or by telephone. But it might be wise for you to ring the office prior to leaving your home to attend a class, to check to see if we are open.
We will not be organising any trips for the month of January due to the high rate of infection in the Liverpool area and depending if infection rates remain high then this might be the case for February also. We apologise in advance for this but feel that this is a sensible course of action. We will keep you updated as much as we can.
I would also be grateful if any of your friends who attend Wheel Meet Again and may not have access to the internet, social media or email, if you could support us by keeping them updated with what’s going on.
In the meantime, please feel free to ring the office or email me if you have any queries, stay safe and well.